Hey there, my name is Heather and I'm an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) specialist.
I help individuals and families navigate divorce with less conflict and cost so they can leave a healthier legacy for their kids.
Before becoming certified as a divorce coach and mediator, I had a long career in education.
My other qualifications and experiences include:
- Mentor Coach with Divorce Coaches Academy (DCA), a divorce coach certification program based in ADR practices
- Certified New Ways For Families (NWFF) Co-Parent Coach for co-parents in a high conflict divorce
- Parent Educator for parents in family transition in Multnomah and Clackamas Counties, Oregon
- Court-connected volunteer mediator with Multnomah and Clackamas Counties
- Certified Divorce & Divorce Recovery and Transition Coach with the CDC - Certified Divorce Coach program
- Master's in Teaching from Stanford University
This work is incredibly meaningful to me. As a divorced mom of 3 kids, I know how important it is to limit the conflict and costs in divorce.
I am honored to be able to help parents manage conflict better so they can keep their kids at the center of hard decisions, not caught in the middle.
Some other fun facts about me:
I am essentially a river otter; I love being on and in water, especially with my people.
I am a middle child, so I’ve got mad skills when it comes to peace-making.
I love dill pickle chips and I can’t drink caffeine after 1 pm.
I don’t like malls or big box stores or shopping for new clothes beyond the first hour unless there are snacks involved.
I’m really good at hitting targets, for example, throwing small rocks at bigger rocks.
I’ve traveled to 48 of the 50 continental states -gonna make it to GA and AK someday!
I once joined a competitive swim team by accident in Guadalajara, Mexico - and I wasn’t terrible!
I nerd out on anything to do with human behavior and psychology, especially when knowing how to do better can improve the quality of your confidence, career and relationships.Want to talk about coaching with me? Book a call